Sustainability is key
Lots of programs promise major changes in weight by overly restricting calories. Extreme, fast results with big promises oftentimes are short-lived and can lead to the 'yo-yo' effect, where any weight lost is regained fairly quickly between diets.
This is why the ZOE program is built to help you master a sustainable way of eating that works for your unique biology and life. Within the 4 weeks, you learn to eat all your favorite foods, while continuing to nourish your body.
We believe that the key to helping your body be its healthiest weight is to focus on the process and make it a pleasurable, sustainable one. Eating all the right foods for your biology helps create all the right internal conditions to help you reach your healthiest weight.
Progress can be measured in many ways
We know that when it comes to making changes to your lifestyle, celebrating successes is a huge motivator. We encourage you to look beyond the scales.
Think about all the markers of your health and biology that you have started to reflect on since you started.
- How have your energy levels throughout the day changed?
- Have you stopped experiencing an afternoon slump?
- Are you feeling less hungry?
- Have you found delicious foods that keep you satiated?
- Do you feel more confident in your food choices?
- Are you approaching food with greater ease?
- Are you nourishing your gut microbiome by eating more plants than you were before?
- Have your bowel habits changed?
- Are you generally just feeling better?
These are all major wins to enjoy and celebrate!
Focusing only on weight alone is a treatment of the symptom, rather than the cause. Weight changes come with time and consistency when the right internal biological conditions are created. Foods that are nourishing for you, and help you feel satisfied, energized, and of course, not deprived are all ways to help you nourish your biology well!
Extreme results can come fast, but they are unrealistic to maintain. Slower weight loss at a rate your body is comfortable with could allow you to not only enjoy the process but help you embed it more seamlessly into your normal daily habits.